Have you tried the popular boot camp workout?
The boot camp workout is basically just how it sounds. It’s truly like army boot camp! Boot camp challenges all of the muscles in your body by giving you intense short bursts of exercises, with little rest in between. By constantly moving your body for up to an hour, you torch calories, and leave your workout with an afterburn that lasts all day.
At first, the workout is challenging. You wonder, is the air conditioning on? Can I get a towel? But as you get going, you begin to realize how capable your body is! And, even if you don’t believe it at the time, it will get easier.
Most classes will use weights and other equipment like bands or battle ropes. You will strengthen and tone by completing multiple reps in short bursts of 90 seconds, up to 6 minutes at a time before you rotate. Don’t worry, you still get your cardio in, as in between sets, they will often send you outside to run a lap or do 100 jumping jacks! Even if you have a strength session where you don’t feel there is enough cardio, you are burning just as many calories, if not more. Compared to an hour of walking, running, or other cardio, where you can burn anywhere from 250-600 calories, just one half-hour boot camp can burn 600 up to 1000 calories! (and this is not counting the “after-burn”)
As a working woman, busy parent, boss lady, super dad or student on the go, we know that life can become hectic! The Burn Boot Camp workout is designed to maximize your results in just 45 minutes with an average burn of 700 calories per camp.
We’ve had the pleasure of joining Burn Boot Camp in Grand Rapids. If you’ve ever been curious about what might happen as you walk in the door here’s the rundown:
- Registration – After you sign up for your free trial, or monthly package (signing the obligatory waivers) you will get weighed and measured in your first “focus meeting”. One of the staff will go over goals for nutrition and workouts. You can’t help but be inspired by the wall of pictures behind the desk of transformations.
- After that, skip the registration! Just scan your badge as you walk in and get out there!
- Got kids? Drop them off at the FREE daycare room next door. It has windows so you can keep an eye on your little one (or not!) knowing that they can see you, showing them not only that you haven’t left them, but that you are doing something positive to take care of yourself!
- Jump on the gym floor and start warming up with a boxer shuffle or jumping jack, high fiving your neighbor as you get in line.
- Listen to your fearless trainer go over the exercises for the next 45 minutes.
- SWEAT and HAVE FUN for 45 minutes
- Be thankful you didn’t keel over the past 45 minutes and be proud of yourself as you walk out the door after a great workout.
- Enjoy the day knowing that even while you go about the rest of your day, you’re still burning calories with the “after-burn”!
At Burn Boot Camp you get active group of partners to motivate, keep you accountable and support in some way shape or form. Studies show that we excel when we are social and have the positive reinforcement of others. Burn Boot Camp provides a powerful fitness community for people to achieve their goals!
Check out Burn Boot Camp for a 14 day free trial at 6272 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids MI 49546
Tell them Grand Rapids Girl sent you!